What Are Clinical Pathways?
The Network’s working definition of a clinical pathway is a multi-disciplinary plan of care that blends patient needs, quality outcomes and controlled costs, with predetermined standards of care using a replicable process based on sound literature review.
Pathways have several benefits to an organization:
- Improve Clinical and Financial Outcomes
- Improve Quality and Coordination of Care
- Reduce Practice Variation, Increase Usage of Best Practices
- Improve Communication and Information Transfer across Multi-disciplinary Teams and Organizations
- Provide Consistent Patient Education across the Network