Privacy of Personal Health Information
The Grey-Bruce Health Network collects personal health information from you in order to assist us with the following:
- to provide you with quality healthcare and follow up care in the community
- to carry out quality assurance activities that will allow us to improve our processes
- for patient satisfaction surveys so that we can hear from patients about how we are doing
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- for fundraising for equipment and facilities to provide you with the most modern health care services
- for education to keep current health care practitioners up to date and to train new health care practitioners for the future
- for research to make the Grey-Bruce Health Network the best we can be and to help develop new treatment and technologies for the future.
If your information were to be used for any other purpose, your specific permission would be required first.
The Grey-Bruce Health Network does share your personal and health information with health care providers at other hospitals, health care agencies, nursing homes, etc. who become part of your health care team for the purpose of your continuing care. Your information is shared with agencies that fund the hospital, for example, Ontario Ministry of Health (billing), The Canadian Institute for Health Information (coded discharge abstracts), Cancer Ontario (pathology reports), Grey Bruce Public Health (public health surveillance), health insurance companies and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board.
The Grey-Bruce Health Network may also provide personal information to Hospital consultants, and professional advisors to assist our hospital sites to function and provide care to our patients. What we share with these agencies is bound by law.
The Grey-Bruce Health Network places safeguards on the transmission of all information disclosed to other organizations.